Tuesday, 20 JUN 2017

<>>

Meeting of the Board of Directors and Committee Chairs

Date: June 20, 2017

Location: Via conference bridge

Start Time: 12:02 CDT

Present:

  • Matt Griswold, Director (Chair of this meeting)

  • Eli Scher, Board, Vice-Chair

  • Aiste Buinauskaite, Executive Director (minute taker)

  • Aaron Hughes, Director

  • Rob DeVita, Director

  • Sagi Brody, Chair Data Center Committee

  • Chris Grundemann, Chair BCOP Committee

  • Carla Sanderson, Co-Chair Marketing Committee

  • Mona Weisberg, Co-Chair Marketing Committee

  • Chris Phillips, Chair IX Group Committee

  • Richard Wolfram, Open-IX legal counsel

 

Absent:

  • Dave Temkin, Treasurer (apology received)

  • Vinay Nagpal, Director (no apology received)

 

Minutes of the meeting:

  1. Matt called the meeting to order at 12:02 CDT

  2. Adoption of Meeting Minutes 2017-05-23

It was moved by Aaron Hughes, and seconded by Rob Devita, that:

“The Open-IX Board adopts the May 23rd, 2017 Board and Chairmen Meeting Minutes, as written.”

The motion carried with no objections.

  1. Committee Updates (Led by Matt)

    1. Data Center (led by Sagi Brody)

      1. Pipeline review

      2. Sagi discussed automating the renewal process for certifications. It was agreed that applications will be reviewed by the board after the public comment instead of the other way around to speed up the renewal process. Aaron asked if we could document this workflow and publish it on the website. Sagi agreed that this was the purpose, and that this document will be finalized shortly.

    2. IX (led by Matt)

      1. Matt and Chris have been working on unified certification process. Matt stated that there are two applications outstanding and they will use the new process to get them certified as well as test out the process.

    3. Marketing (led by Carla Weisberg)

      1. Carla reiterated that she have not had replies on the question of budget and finance, for example could she get detail on previous year's spending. Aaron stated that marketing should propose a budget for boards approval moving forwards. Eli stated that a previous year was not fit to use as a template and a better approach is to start fresh, by approving ideas and expenses as they are proposed.

      2. Carla asked if the board could respond to questions or approvals within 3-4 days moving forward. Aaron noted there had been some recent changes in the org that affected this and the board all agreed to support 3-4 days for responses moving forward.

    4. Standards (led by Chris Grundemann)

      1. Chris refered to Document Development Process which will be used to create and update standards and create and publish BCOPs. The DDP needs a few more things added to it before it could be finalized. Richard Wolfram agreed to work together with Chris to help get the language right.

  2. Unified Certification Process (led by Matt)

    1. Matt stated that certification process draft that he was working on with Sagi was complete and is to help serve as a guide for committees and aid that certification process is complete in a timely manner.

  3. Budget plans (led by Eli)

    1. Eli requested for a bank ledger to analyze spending history.  Matt requested to make a cash flow plan, Eli took the action to get information.

  4. NDA (led by Matt)

    1. NDA was finalized.

  5. Open action items (Matt to lead)

    1. Sagi asked about a centralized documentation. Matt said he signed up for Confluence and will send an invite to Sagi or anyone else that wants to test it before sharing it with the org.

  6. Update marketing materials (Sagi to lead)

    1. Sagi will ask his committee to review our current marketing documents to make sure they are up to date.

  7. Any other business. (led by Matt)

    1. Matt mentions to send new board profile pictures to Aiste Buinauskaite.  

    2. Robert asks if Open-IX should be added as one of Inflex tools, as he did a demo with them a week ago. The board agrees that this would be good for the organization.

    3. Matt asked that directors would review the minutes of each meeting in a quicker fashion.

  8. Meeting ended at 12:45 CDT