Tuesday, 23 MAY 2017

Meeting of the Board of Directors and Committee Chairs

Date: May 23, 2017

Location: Via conference bridge

Start Time: 12:00 CDT

Present:

  • Matt Griswold, Director (Chair of this meeting)

  • Eli Scher, Board, Vice-Chair

  • Aiste Buinauskaite, Executive Director (minute taker)

  • Aaron Hughes, Director

  • Vinay Nagpal, Director

  • Rob DeVita, Director

  • Sagi Brody, Chair Data Center Committee

  • Chris Grundemann, Chair BCOP Committee

  • Carla Sanderson, (attending in place of Mona Weisberg)

  • Richard Wolfram, Open-IX legal counsel

 

Absent:

  • Dave Temkin, Treasurer (apology received)

  • Mona Weisberg, Chair Marketing Committee ( Carla Sanderson attended instead)

 

Minutes of the meeting:

  1. Matt called the meeting to order at 12:05 CDT

  2. Adoption of Meeting Minutes 2017-05-09

It was moved by Aaron Hughes, and seconded by Sagi Brody, that:

“The Open-IX Board adopts the May 9th, 2017 Board and Chairmen Meeting Minutes, as written.”

The motion carried with no objections.

  1. Committee Updates (Led by Matt)

    1. Data Center (led by Sagi Brody)

      1. New member Michael Broady is officially on the committee, replacing Gabe Cole.

      2. Web Werks India completed certification.

      3. Completion of new committee charter. Board approved the charter.

      4. Pending Certifications and pipeline discussion.

      5. MoU language updates delegated to Chris Grundemann.

      6. A draft of a HIPAA compliance addendum for OIX-2 completion within 2 weeks.

      7. Sagi is looking into new European regulations - GDRP. He states that perhaps there is an opportunity for OIX to work with GDRP to help data center operators comply with these regulations next year.

      8. Discussion about website updates. ED to create a running log for updates.

    2. IX (led by Matt)

      1. The IX Group self appointed Chris Phillips  as Chair and Eric Ballard as Vice Chair.

    3. Marketing (led by Carla Weisberg)

      1. Carla discussed progress for the done certifications to be published on the web and will discuss with Mona about a potential PR. In the long run marketing will work on creating PR templates for OIX 1 & OIX 2 Certifications, as well as renewals.

      2. Carla suggested collaboration with the board and committees to create and increase valuable content for members and certified entities.

      3. Discussion about NANOG, which members will be attending and who will be available for meetings, as well as advertising this on social media and email (Aaron and Robert confirm attendance). Carla suggested to form a meet up at NANOG for members.

      4. Discussion of strategic planning for AIS for 2018. She suggested we colocate it with another large event, such as ITW.

    4. Standards (led by Chris Grundemann)

      1. Chris announced completion of Open-IX Document Development Process, and asked the board to review it.

      2. Chris suggested to write a charter for BCOP Committee and evolve the Standards committee into BCOP.

  2. Committee Changes (led by Matt Griswold)

    1. Matt announced that vice chairs were added for each committee to have a backup when chairs are not available for calls or meetings.

    2. Matt suggested Marketing and Standards to write their committee charters, using DC Committee charter as a reference.

    3. Matt brought up an idea to have a free model for non profit IXs, he tasks IX Committee to send a proposal to the board. Aaron suggested to do this in the form of fee waiver.

  3. Unified Certification Process (led by Matt)

    1. Matt stated that certification process draft that he was working on with Sagi was complete and is to help serve as a guide for committees and aid that certification process is complete in a timely manner.

  4. Budget plans (led by Matt)

    1. Skipped for next meeting.

  5. BCOP (led by Matt)

    1. It was agreed that BCOP would be covered under the Standard committee and this no longer needed a separate section in board meetings.

  6. NDA (led by Matt)

    1. Discussion about what’s needed to complete and finalize the NDA.

  7. CoI (led by Aaron)

    1. Creation of CoI form, to be used once a year or as conflicts come up. Aaron has drafted such form to sent to board, and suggested to have a disclosure section at the next board meeting.

  8. Any other business. (led by Matt)

    1. Decision to move documents to dropbox was approved by board.

    2. Open-Ix NANOG meetup discussion.

  9. Meeting ended at 12:49 CDT